This week more of us are working from home- for those of you who are fortunate enough to be able to continue working at the minute and have had to follow guidelines to work from home, follow these tips to help you get settled if this is something you are not used to:
- Structure your day, get up at the same time as usual, get dressed and get ready for the day as though you were going out to work. Wear something comfortable, but changing out of your sleep wear will help put you in the right frame of mind for working and help to separate home from work life. Routine is good and will help you start the day productively.
- Clear up, take 10 minutes to clear away any mugs or items that may be lying about from the night before, or breakfast rush- it makes all the difference and can help clear your mind to focus on your tasks for the day ahead.
- Create a sensible work station- don’t work from the sofa or bed! Ensure you have an area that is free from clutter and take time to make it work-friendly. For guidance on how to sit correctly in front of a computer click here.
- Take a break- don’t just sit at the computer all day, make a coffee, turn on the dishwasher! This could be a great opportunity to switch those coffee breaks into 10 minute chores.
- Try to get some fresh air, don’t stay indoors all day. Open a window, or take a walk outside. Keeping in mind social distancing. If you can’t go outside, try some stretches at an open window.
- Don’t switch on the TV or social media- it is too easy to get distracted if the TV is on in a corner if you need some background noise turn on some music instead.
- Switch off- don’t fall into the trap of continuing to work into the evening. Follow your routine and shut down your computer and clock off when it’s time to finish up. This will help clear your mind and then you can focus on the evening ahead.
Bloc Blinds have a large range of Easyfit Roller blinds in beautiful colours and fabrics to brighten any new workspace. No drilling required and with a 10 year guarantee
For home offices with roof windows, there are a range of standard skylights and solar motorised skylight blinds in plain or patterned fabrics to help keep the sun off computer screens.
All Bloc blinds are manufactured in the UK and there is a helpful Customer Service team ready to answer any questions you may have.